A post all about me. How self indulgent!
Here’s a few things you might not know…
1. I’m a TV binge watcher and political dramas are my favourite. Which is ironic, because I don’t follow politics closely. I’m currently obsessed with The West Wing (it was on for something like 8 years and I never watched an episode, so now that we own the boxed set, I’m bingeing on it.) Other favourites include House of Cards, The Walking Dead, Girls, Game of Thrones, The Bachelor (The US one for fun, the Australian version to see how bad it is) and I’ve just completed the first season of The Affair. I’m sure I’m forgetting some. OK, I’ll admit it, I also watch whatever Kardashians season is on.
2. I’m a half-finisher. It’s not a good trait. I have half written blog posts stored, I’ve half finished some redecoration projects, I plan holidays last minute and I barely finish meal plans. The last one really annoys me, so my ‘already into the new year’ resolution is to be better with that. I wish I had enough commitment to that as I do my Instagram feed.
3. I’m a runner. I love it. I used to run a lot before Jack and then once I had him I was too busy or too tired to run. Until I got a really horrible flu in September, then I knew it was because I wasn’t exercising. Running keeps me feeling fit, healthy and with enough energy to keep up with my toddler. Recently I’ve been running 7km 3x per week.
4. For the past 4 months I’ve had braces on my teeth. I have an overbite that is currently being corrected and it’ll take 2 years. I’d been thinking of doing this for the last 5 years, so I’m grateful I’ve finally had them put on and I can’t wait for the final result.
5. My favourite book is April Fools Day from Bryce Courtenay. I try to encourage everyone to read it. The study in our house looks like a library. We are avid readers, something I hope we pass on to Jack.
6. I don’t have a middle name. My father never liked the one given to him, so I wasn’t given one.
7. Hubby and I were set up by a mutual friend. A fix up that worked. 10 months later we were engaged and I chose my own engagement ring. Some people have opinions about that but I’m picky with jewellry, so I figured if I was going to wear something every day for the rest of my life, I wanted to make sure I loved it. He had no complaints. Each to their own.
8. I love photography and I spend a lot of time researching different techniques and editing skills. I don’t have an amazing DSLR, it’s a cropped body Canon but my prime lens makes up for it. I have so many ideas in my head and I get frustrated when I can’t get the shot I want. I wish I had a mentor though, I still think I could be much better.
9. I have a prominent birthmark that I always forget about as it’s in a place I never see. Let’s just say I could never wear Brazilian bikini bottoms.
10. I can’t think of anything for number 10, so I’m asking you, is there anything you want to know?
This post is also timely because a few days ago, Willisa, who has a blog named Willing Me (please visit her, she’s a doll!) nominated me for a Liebster Award, which is really just about getting to know other bloggers. She has posed these questions to me.
1. What’s the best part about having a blog? Just having an online journal and photo diary that I can share with others. I love writing and as I mentioned, I’m obsessed with photography so it was the perfect outlet for all of that.
2. Where do you live? The outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Australia. I have a dream to live overseas for a while, but I’d never leave Melbourne permanently. We’re in a relationship and its serious. The sport, the culture and yes, even the weather (no relationship is perfect!)
3. What’s your favourite time of the day? Ooh, good one. I don’t know! On the good days, it’s all day. I have an amazing sleeper for a child (if not for illness or nasty teething) so I always wake up feeling refreshed. On the bad days, it’s Jack’s bedtime. Just because I’ll have some time to go for a run then come home and unwind and de-stress.
4. What is the best piece of advice you’ve been given about life? I can’t say that anyone actually sits me down to give me advice really. But my advice for life? 1. Treasure your health 2. If you don’t like something, stop whinging about it and change it and 3. Focus on the positives, not the negatives.
5. Favourite Breakfast food? Poached eggs on sourdough, grilled tomato, mushrooms, spinach and a tall glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. I’m a big eater.
6. Best job you’ve ever had? I once worked as an Executive Assistant for a firm of finance brokers. I worked there for 7 years before it was time for a change. What do I want to do for the rest of my life? That, my friends, is my greatest source of frustration at the moment. I’m at a point in my life where I can chase my dreams but I still don’t know what my dream is.
7. Where is your ultimate holiday destination? Island hopping around the Caribbean or a road trip around the USA (but probably not with a toddler in tow.)
8. What is your Favourite colour & how does it make you feel? Pink & Red. Pink makes me feel girly and fresh. Red for when I want to feel vibrant and sexy.
9. What is the last book you read? True Love by Jennifer Lopez. Sorry I couldn’t give you something more intelligent. Guilty pleasure holiday reading.
10. Describe your favourite pair of shoes? Plain black pumps by Christian Louboutin.
11. It’s 9pm on a weeknight, What are you doing? I’m probably blogging, editing photos or in bed with my hubby watching The West Wing or The Bachelor.
It’s Friday! Have a good weekend.